COVID-19 Special Notice
As of March 22nd, Pierce County is in Phase 3 of the Governor’s Healthy Washington – Roadmap to Recovery plan. As our community’s health and safety is our highest priority, there are currently no general admission movies being screened at this time. Instead, we are offering ALL AVAILABLE TIMES times for private theater rentals, starting on April 17th, 2021.
We will continue to evaluate the COVID-19 situation in our community, and when we are able to safely and sustainably re-open the theater to general admission, we will do so.
Rent the Blue Mouse
The Blue Mouse makes its facility available to private groups by reservation only. Fees are based on the number of hours the renter requires, as well as the level of services and support needed.
Facilities: The Blue Mouse has seating for 219 but due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently limiting groups to 25 persons, maximum, plus a stage suitable for speaking engagements, panel discussions and limited on-stage entertainment. There is no backstage area for costume changes, scene changes, etc. We have a microphone sound system and limited lighting capabilities. Digital Projection available with blu-ray and DVD capabilities.
Fees: Many fees are detailed below. If you have further questions, or have an event idea that is not covered below then please contact us – we’d be happy to help you determine the cost for your event. Sorry, no outside projectionists are permitted.
Rentals during the COVID-19 Pandemic
As our community’s health and safety is our highest priority, there will be guidelines and expectations for private rentals during this time. Here’s how we’re keeping you safe — and what we expect you to do to help keep our community safe — during your private rental:
What you can expect from The Blue Mouse
- Our theater is clean. We disinfect between parties, and professionally deep clean the theater no less than once a week.
- Our staff is socially distanced. We maintain safe social distance while working for you at The Blue Mouse.
- Our staff is masked. We wear masks, as required by common sense and the Governor of Washington.
- Our air is safe. In December 2020 we installed an extra, ionizing filtration system into our HVAC system, to help boost our COVID-fighting efforts indoors.
- During parties we offer a small popcorn & small soda combo for $4
- When cake-cutting or serving food, congregating at the front of the theater is not allowed. Even if you’re serving cake – social distance is important!
What The Blue Mouse expects from you:
- You will wear a mask at all times (except briefly, when eating or drinking) when inside The Blue Mouse. No exceptions – no mask, no movie.
- Your group size will be 25 persons or smaller. Our theater is not able to maintain safe social distance beyond group sizes of 25 people.
- You will maintain social distance in all public spaces in the theater. There are markings on the floor near the concessions. Stay distanced!
- Groups from different family units will sit more than 20 feet (5 theater seats or 3 theater rows) apart from each other.
- Neither you, nor any of your guests, will attend The Blue Mouse if you have any symptoms of sickness, including (but not limited to) fever, runny nose, coughing, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell or a positive COVID-19 test. If you’re sick, stay home!
$250.00 for a 3-hour rental. $75 an hour for every hour (or part of an hour) after the first 3 hours.
To book your party, please email Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-905-1045 after 10:00 am
Birthday Party rentals are for all ages – see your favorite film with your friends for your birthday!
During the school year the Blue Mouse books up fast, usually two months ahead. Contact us now to secure your special date and time!
Please note: a party rental does not cover such events as a School Screening rental, a group gathering/conference rental or a catered event rental. See our offers below for those kinds of events!
General Admission Rentals
The Blue Mouse is not currently offering the theater for public film screenings. When COVID-19 concerns are no longer an issue, we will resume general admission rentals
After hours Screenings (Late Night)
$350.00 for the first two hours. $75 for each additional hour
- No general admission after-hours screenings at this time: private groups only
- Film Must be booked with our booker ($75.00 Fee Applies)
- groups are responsible for all film rental fees ($250.00 to $1500.00)
- All tickets must be tracked, per studio requirements and auditing purposes
School Class Rentals: $300 – between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm
Private Fundraising events for accredited non-profit organizations: $225 for the first 2 hours, $75/hour for each additional hour